Title: Business Operations and Compliance Specialist
Location: Central Virginia (Madison, VA)
ARiA applies broad interdisciplinary expertise in acoustics, machine learning, modeling & simulation, and signal processing toward innovative science and engineering research and development for a diverse set of government and corporate clients. Partnering with government, industry, and academia, ARiA solves critical challenges.
ARiA is a small business where you can make a big difference. Our employees, including those at entry-level, are working together with the CIO of the Air Force to use cognitive computing to change the way the government acquires technology and working with top Navy leaders to use video games and simulation to change the way sailors are trained to use sonar.
ARiA: Real Research. Real World.TM
For more information, visit www.ariacoustics.com.
ARiA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ARiA is looking for a highly motivated self-starter and low-ego team player to work at our Central Virginia (Madison, VA) office as the Business Operations and Compliance Specialist.
As the Business Operations and Compliance Specialist you will work in close coordination with members of the ARiA team to:
- ensure a workplace that contributes to the business objectives of ARiA and the work of its employees by supporting the day-to-day business processes
- ensure physical, personnel, and information security by coordinating and managing facility and information-technology (IT) compliance operations across all three ARiA offices
This position is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm and help design and direct the development of processes and systems while enabling development of cutting-edge technologies.
Ensure the physical security of ARiA facilities in accordance with applicable regulations by:
- managing employee onboarding and exits
- managing employee background investigations
- maintaining employee records
- developing, distributing, and tracking completion of government-mandated security training
- performing regular audits and self-inspections of security processes and procedures
- updating or developing new written security policies and procedures for ARiA in accordance with applicable government rules and regulations
- coordinating and facilitating outside visits to the ARiA facilities
Ensure the security of ARiA IT systems in accordance with applicable regulations by:
- developing, maintaining, and overseeing the IT security program and policies for local desktop, on-site server, on-site high-performance computing, and cloud-based systems
- implementing the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) process for government-accredited information systems and maintaining documentation in accordance with applicable government rules and regulations
- maintaining a working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical safeguards, and operational security measures
- maintaining records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, and other components of the IT infrastructure to include system upgrades
- maintaining records of ARiA hardware and software assets
- assisting the IT team with configuration, setup, and user management
Ensure a workplace that contributes to the success of ARiA by:
- managing and scheduling regular meetings and internal communications
- receiving and processing incoming and outgoing mail and shipments
- ordering and tracking inventory of supplies
- maintaining records of ARiA assets
- coordinating and scheduling candidate interviews
Performs other duties as required
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and must meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. Those selected for employment will be subject to a government security investigation.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, all employees must show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent relevant experience and/or training
Currently holding, or can obtain within 6 months of start date, an appropriate certificate as defined by DoD Directive 8570.01-M IAM I (e.g., CompTIA Security+) or higher
Demonstrable mastery using a diversity of modern software including cloud-based and web-delivered applications as well as standard desktop software
Broad familiarity with IT systems including networking (e.g., LAN, WAN, Routing, Firewalls, and VPN) and IT system architecture fundamentals
Excellent oral and written communication skills and professional manner
Exceptional ability and desire to acquire new knowledge and skills to solve challenges
Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Ability to manage competing demands in a fast-paced professional office environment
To apply submit cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com