With capabilities and expertise spanning basic research to advanced development, ARiA is uniquely able to meet your most demanding R&D needs.
ARiA applies broad interdisciplinary experience in acoustics, signal processing, and cognitive science toward innovative basic and applied research (DoD 6.1/6.2/6.3) that tackles real-world problems faced by end-user customers in government and industry, with a focus on the military and intelligence communities.
We specialize in developing algorithms and methods for
- real-time physics-based modeling that enables enhanced simulation-based training
- biologically inspired cognitive approaches to signal processing that enable automated systems to perform pattern recognition in complex and changing environments
- physics-based signal processing that utilizes understanding and models of physical processes such as scattering and reverberation in the ocean environment to mitigate their effects on target detection and classification
Coupling expertise in research with experience in advanced development, demonstration, and validation of critical DoD systems, the skills of experienced software engineers, and strategic partnerships with industry, ARiA is uniquely poised to overcome the “valley of death” and transition basic and applied research (DoD 6.1/6.3) to advanced technology development and beyond (DoD 6.3/6.4+).
ARiA and Chief Scientist Dr. Jason E. Summers have unique knowledge, capabilities, and experience which, coupled with a successful track record in research and development leading to fielded systems, allow ARiA to provide consulting services that can address a variety of needs including:
- Government Program Managers wanting expert assistance in assessing the potential of new technology for applications including sonar signal processing, game-based / simulation-based training (particularly for sonar), and machine learning / pattern recognition (particularly for detection and classification in passive and active sonar).
- Government Contractors needing assistance from a proven subcontracting partner to develop and assess the feasibility of R&D programs in acoustics, sonar, spatial hearing, and game-based / simulation-based training for government applications.
- Acoustical-Consulting Firms seeking technical assistance in developing models, simulations, and auralizations for acoustical-design and noise-control problems that pose unique challenges not easily met by off-the-shelf solutions, such as systems of coupled rooms and scattering-and-diffraction phenomena.
- Small Business Enterprises looking to assess their potential to win government technology-development contracts or find government customers for new technologies they have developed.
- Commercial Firms seeking an outside perspective on strategic decisions in their technology-development process.